1. O.B. Gamgam and E. Karaώan, Satisfying strict deadlines for cellular Internet of Things through hybrid multiple access, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, accepted for publication.
2. K. Vaezi, N. Akar and Ezhan Karaώan, Modeling Age of Information in a Cooperative Slotted Aloha Network, Wireless Networks, accepted for publication.
3. N. Akar and E. Karaώan, Is Proportional Fair Scheduling Suitable for Age-Sensitive Traffic? Computer Networks, vol. 226, May 2023.
4. G. Yenihayat and E. Karasan, Downlink Data Rate, Energy and Spectral Efficiency Distribution in Heterogeneous Networks with Cell-Edge Located Small Cells, Wireless Networks, vol. 26, pp. 2595-2608, 2020.
5. T. Tanerguclu, O. E. Karasan, I. Akgun, E. Karasan, Radio communications interdiction problem under deterministic and probabilistic jamming, Computers and Operations Research, vol. 107, pp. 200-217, 2019.
6. M. Koseoglu, E. Karasan and L. Chen, Cross-Layer Energy Minimization for Underwater ALOHA Networks, IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 551-561, June 2017.
7. C. Aydogdu and E. Karasan, Goodput and Throughput Comparison of Single-Hop and Multi-Hop Routing for IEEE 802.11 DCF based Wireless Networks under Hidden Terminal Existence, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1078-1094, June 2016.
8. R. Yumer, N. Akar, E. Karasan, Class-Based First-Fit Spectrum Allocation with Fragmentation Avoidance for Dynamic Flexgrid Optical Networks, Optical Switching and Networking, vol. 15, pp. 44-52, January 2015.
9. M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, Energy-optimum Throughput and Carrier Sensing Rate in CSMA-based Wireless Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol.13, no.6, June 2014.
10. M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, Spatio-Temporal Analysis of Throughput for Single-Hop CSMA Networks, IEEE Communication Letters, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 564-567, Apr. 2014.
11. A.R. Ulucinar, I. Korpeoglu and E. Karasan, Effects of Physical Channel Separation on Application Flows in a Multi-Radio Multi-Hop Wireless Mesh Network: an Experimental Study on BilMesh Testbed, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 39, pp. 253-265, 2014.
12. M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, Throughput Modeling of Single Hop CSMA Networks with Non-Negligible Propagation Delay, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 61, no. 7, pp. 2911-23, July 2013.
13. A.R. Ulucinar, I. Korpeoglu and E. Karasan, A Novel Measurement-based Approach for Modeling and Computation of Interference Factors for Wireless Channels, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2013.
14. M. Koseoglu, E. Karasan and M. Alanyali, Effect of Network Density and Size on the Short-term Fairness Performance of CSMA Systems, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2012.
15. N. Sengezer and E. Karasan, Multi-Layer Virtual Topology Design in Optical Networks Under Physical Layer Impairments and Multi-Hour Traffic Demand, IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 7891, Feb. 2012.
16. C. Aydogdu and E. Karasan, An Analysis of IEEE 802.11 DCF and Its Application to Energy-Efficient Relaying in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 1361-1373, Oct. 2011.
17. M. Kas, I. Korpeoglu, E. Karasan, OLSR-Aware Channel Access Scheduling in Wireless Mesh Networks, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 71, no. 9, pp.1225-1235, Sep. 2011.
18. O. Alparslan, N. Akar and E. Karasan, TCP Flow Aware Adaptive Path Switching in Diffserv Enabled MPLS Networks, European Transactions on Telecommunications, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 185-199, Aug. 2011.
19. M. Kas, I. Korpeoglu, E. Karasan, Utilization-Based Dynamic Scheduling Algorithm for Wireless Mesh Networks, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Volume 2010, Article ID 312828, 2010.
20. N. Sengezer and E. Karasan, Static Lightpath Establishment in Multi-layer Traffic Engineering Under Physical Layer Impairments, IEEE/OSA Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 2, no. 9, pp. 662-677, Sep. 2010.
21. S. Ozsarac and E. Karasan, Congestion Window Based Adaptive Burst Assembly for TCP Traffic in OBS Networks, Photonic Network Communications, vol. 20, no.2, pp. 138-150, Oct. 2010.
22. N. Akar, C. Raffaelli, M. Savi, and E. Karasan, Shared-Per-Wavelength Asynchronous Optical Packet Switching: A Comparative Analysis, Computer Networks, vol. 54, n. 13, pp. 2166-2181, Sep. 2010.
23. M. Koseoglu and E. Karasan, Joint Resource and Network Scheduling with Adaptive Offset Determination for Optical Burst Switched Grids, Future Generation Computer Systems, the International Journal of Grid Computing and eScience, vol. 26, pp. 576-589, Apr. 2010.
24. T. Yardibi and E. Karasan, A Distributed Activity Scheduling Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks with Partial Coverage, Wireless Networks, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 213-225, Jan. 2010.
25. N. Akar, E. Karasan, K. G. Vlachos, M. Varvarigos, D. Careglio, M. Klinkowski, J. Solι-Pareta, A Survey of Quality of Service Differentiation Mechanisms for Optical Burst Switching Networks, Optical Switching and Networking, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1-11, Jan. 2010.
26. M. Kas, B. Yargicoglu, I. Korpeoglu, E. Karasan, A Survey on Scheduling in IEEE 802.16 Mesh Mode, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 205-221, Second Quarter 2010.
27. N. Akar, E. Karasan, and C. Raffaelli, Fixed Point Analysis of Limited Range Share Per Node Wavelength Conversion in Asynchronous Optical Packet Switching Systems, Photonic Network Communications,. vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 255-263, Oct. 2009.
28. O. Ozturk, E. Karasan and N. Akar, Performance Evaluation of Slotted Optical Burst Switching Systems with Quality of Service Differentiation, IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 27, no. 14, pp. 2621-2633, Jul. 2009.
29. G. Gurel and E. Karasan, Using Multiple per Egress Burstifiers for Enhanced TCP Performance in OBS Networks, Photonic Network Communications, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 105-117, Apr. 2009.
30. E. Yetginer and E. Karasan, Dynamic Wavelength Allocation in IP/WDM Metro Access Networks, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 26, no. 3 (part 2), pp. 13-27, April 2008.
31. G. Gurel, O. Alparslan and E. Karasan, nOBS: an ns2 based Simulation Tool for Performance Evaluation of TCP Traffic in OBS Networks, Annals of Telecommunications, Special Issue on Simulation Techniques for Optical Networks, vol. 62, no. 5-6, pp. 618-637, May/June 2007.
32. J. Aracil, N. Akar, S. Bjornstad, M. Casoni, K. Christodoulopoulos, D. Careglio, J. Fdez-Palacios, C. Gauger, O. Gonzalez de Dios, G. Hu, E. Karasan, M. Klinkowski, D. Morato, R. Nejabati, H. Overby, C. Raffaelli, D. Simeonidou, N. Stol, G. Tosi-Beleffi and K. Vlachos, Research in Optical Burst Switching within the e-Photon/ONe Network of Excellence, Optical Switching and Networking, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-19, Feb. 2007.
33. N. Akar, E. Karasan and K. Dogan, Wavelength Converter Sharing in Asynchronous Optical Packet/Burst Switching: An Exact Blocking Analysis for Markovian Arrivals, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. S69-80, December 2006.
34. C. Pamuk and E. Karasan, ``SF-DeviL: An Algorithm for Energy-Efficient Bluetooth Scatternet Formation and Maintenance,'' Computer Communications, Vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1276-1291, June 2005.
35. O. Alparslan, N. Akar and E.Karasan, ``AIMD-Based Online MPLS Traffic Engineering for TCP Flows via Distributed Multi-Path Routing,'' Annals of Telecommunications, vol. 59 (11-12), pp. 1353-1371, Nov.- Dec. 2004.
36. N. Sengezer and E. Karasan, "A Tabu Search Algorithm for Sparse Placement of Wavelength Converters in Optical Networks", Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3280, pp. 247-256, Oct. 2004.
37. N. Akar, I. Hokelek and E. Karasan, ``Available Bit Rate Traffic Engineering in MPLS Networks with Flow-Based Multipath Routing,'' IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E87-B, no. 10, pp. 2913-2921, Oct. 2004.
38. O. Alparslan, N. Akar and E. Karasan, "Combined Use of Prioritized AIMD and Flow-Based Traffic Splitting for Robust TCP Load Balancing," Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3266, pp. 124-133, Sep. 2004.
39. E. Karasan and M. Arisoylu, ``Design of Translucent Optical Networks: Partitioning and Restoration,'' Photonic Network Communications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 209-221, Sep. 2004.
40. E. Yetginer and E. Karasan, ``Regenerator Placement and Traffic Engineering with Restoration in GMPLS Networks," Photonic Network Communications, Vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 139-149, Sept. 2003.
41. E. Karasan and E. Yetginer, ``Robust Path Design Algorithms for Traffic Engineering with Restoration in MPLS Networks," IEICE Transactions on Communications, vol. E86-B, no. 5, pp. 1632-1640, May 2003.
42. E. Karasan, O. Ekin Karasan, N. Akar and M.C. Pinar, ``Mesh topology design in overlay virtual private networks,'' Electronics Letters, vol. 38, no. 16, pp. 939-941, August 2002.
43. E. Karasan and E. Ayanoglu, ``Performance of WDM Transport Networks,'' IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1081-1096, September 1998.
44. L.Y. Lin, E. Karasan and R.W. Tkach, ``Layered Switch Architectures for High-Capacity Optical Transport Networks,'' IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1074-1080, September 1998.
45. E. Karasan and E. Goldstein, ``Optical Restoration at the Wavelength- Multiplex-Section Level in WDM Mesh Networks,'' IEEE Photonic Technology Letters, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1343-1345, September 1998.
46. E. Karasan and E. Ayanoglu, ``Effects of Wavelength Routing and Selection Algorithms on Wavelength Conversion Gain in WDM Optical Networks,'' IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 186-196, April 1998.
47. J.Y. Hui, E. Karasan, J. Li and J. Zhang, ``Client-Server Synchronization and Buffering for Variable Rate Multimedia Retrievals,'' IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 226-237, January 1996.
48. J.Y. Hui and E. Karasan, ``A Thermodynamic Theory of Broadband Networks with Application to Dynamic Routing,'' IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 991-1003, August 1995.